Breast Cancer Community
BB Lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

BB Lump

I have had fibrocystic ailment for 27 years so I know what those kinds of cysts feel like.  Last night I found a lump that feels like a bb and unable to manipulate it like a fibro cyst...Has anybody had these type of cyst and it was benign?  I have did so much reading today but haven't found and answer to my question.  And if course I'm almost in a panic thinking what if......any help will be greatly appreciated
1 Comment
Hi Cetto,
Saw your question and thought I would answer.  I too have fibrocystic breasts.  I was diagnosed with atypical ductal hyperplaseia (ADH) and papillomatosis after two biopsys in Feb. 08.  The ADH and papillomatosis increases your risk of breast cancer but is not breast cancer.  I tell you this because both of these areas were very small and only found after doing a breast MRI, and ultrasounds. The ADH and papillomatosis was diagnosed when they got the pathology back from doing the biopsys on the two areas. The mammograms did not pick these up.  When I went in to do a lumpectomy to remove the two areas both the surgeon and the nurses asked me if I ever felt anything.  I know I felt a small hard knot about the size of 1/2 a BB in one of those areas.  Like I said it turned out to be ADH which raises your risk factor for breast cancer and is not cancer.  I opted to have them removed through a lumpectomy.  The lumpectomy was a piece of cake.  I actually had the lumpectomy at 1 in the afternoon and was out to dinner in a restaurant at 6 and went shopping afterwards.  I was back to work on Monday after having the surgery on Friday.  I could tell you not to worry but I know how that goes.
Let me know how everything goes.
Lois