BIRADS 3
Hi, I'm 38 years old an djust had my first mammogram. Results says : The breast issue is Average. Benign appearing nodularity in the right breast, 6 month follow-up of the right breast is suggested. No mass lesions, areas of achitectural distortion or suspicious mocrocalcifications. IMPRESSION: probably benign BIRADS 3. I have family history of differrent kinds of cancer. My grandfather died of colon cancer, grandmother of uterine cancer, I have first cousin who was diagnosed of prostate cancer and a female cousin who is now in remission from breast cancer, all of them form my mother's side. Should I have the repeat mammogram earlier than 6 months? OR should I get another opinion of a radiologist? THANKS.

I am in the same boat as you are!  I also had my first mammogram (I am 35) and had a mammo that showed density (nodules) and an ultrasound that showed nothing (in upper outer left breast).  My OB thinks its probably just fibrocystic breasts but since I'm a worry wart, I'm going to see a breast specialist next week.  They also recommended the 6-month repeat mammogram which is consistant with a BIRADS 3.  Perhaps since it's the first mammogram they are being overly cautious because they don't have anything to compare it to.  Did you have an ultrasound?  I'll keep you posted and you do the same.  
I don't believe I would ... the 6 month follow-up is adequate for a BIRADS 3 rating. The other cancers you mention aren't really related to breast cancer. It's usually mother, sister, etc. with breast cancer that increases your risk.