Breast Cancer Expert Forum
BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT

HELLO, MY MOTHER WAS REFERED TO THE CLEVELAND CLINIC TO SEE A DR. BOLWELL ABOUT BEING IN THE RESEARCH PROGRAM,WHERE THEY TAKE SOME OF YOUR MARROW AND STORE IT,THEN GIVE A HIGH DOSE OF CHEMO. ,THEN HAVE HER MARROW PUT BACK INTO HER. i AM TRYING TO FIND INFO ON IT,BUT i DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS CALLED . ALSO i AM TRYING TO FIND OUT THE DIFFERENCE IN THAT KIND OF TREATMENT VERSES THE 6 MONTH OF REGULAR CHEMO.  THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME. DENISE