Breast Cancer Community
BREAST CA and TSH LEVELS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

BREAST CA and TSH LEVELS

I am a female and 52 years old. I had a mastectomy in 2009. I had type II that is hormone dependant. I am not taking any Tomoxifene or other medication as it made me really sick and I could not cope at all.  I have been in remission for 3 years.
I have been using Eltroxin for 20+ years.  I started with .1 and then the dosage went up to 1 and .5 and later the dr added Diotroxin.  For the past 2 months I have a terrible cough.  The x-rays showed that my lungs were clear, but I am out of breath and struggle to breathe.  I did a peakflow for my Asthma and I could only reach 100 where it should be about 500. I can't understand how my lungs can be clear yet I struggle to breathe and am out of breath.  At night it is worse.  
I had a blood test done a few days ago and my TSH level was 0.0005.  The doctor advised me to stop the Diotroxin immediately.
I now noticed that the wheezing and short breathe is not from my lungs, but in my throat.  I am coughing a lot and last night when I coughed it tasted like blood although there were no blood.
I think I have to re-test my TSH in about 4 weeks.
What are the possibilities that this is related to my CA?
I am worried.  I am extremely tired and emotional and short tempered and etc.  I am not allowed to take any hormones thus at this age with no hormones I am quite stressed, etc.
I will really appreciate feedback and would like to chat.
I am sorry if I cannot be of much help here,regarding your Thyroid problem.I have absolutely no knowledge about this issue.
I have added a link below " THYROID DISORDERS COMMUNITY".
That Forum deals specifically with what you are asking for, and I am pretty sure that you will find it helpful.
Wishing you all the best...

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Thyroid-Disorders/show/73
Thank you ever so much. I am new to the forum. Thank for the reply.
You welcome,
I would like to make a suggestion.
I have noticed your second shorter thread in the "Thyroid disorder Forum"with no comments yet.I guess the moderators have transferred it there on the 28th.
I would advise you to copy and post again your longer post above which has more details, in the forum I mentioned in my previous comment.
I hope you'll get a response soon.:)
ThAnk you very much. At the moment I suffer from asthmatic-bronchitis as well as pneumonia. I am feeling better today although my lungs are still wheezing quite a lot.  My dr suggested that I repeat the TSH in about 4 - 6 weeks time.   I will keep you posted. Thank you very much for your feedback.