Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Being called back for Cone Compression?? I am now very worried, please ...
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Being called back for Cone Compression?? I am now very worried, please help!

I just had my screening mammogram last week (age 41) and the clinic called me to come back for a Cone Compression?  I am of course now totally worried and freaked out.  The nurse said the doctor saw a small nodule adjacent to the chest wall of my left breast. The nurse of course tried to calm me and said that 1 out of 10 women get called back in for this type of test, but still, I am VERY concerned and worried.  I have no history of breast cancer in my family and have had 2 normal screening mammograms prior to this.  Also, I cannot feel any lumps or bumps on self-exam.  I would appreciate any advice you can give me about this type of test and the type of nodule they described seeing that was not there on my previous mammogram.  Thanks!!