Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Benign Lymph Node in Breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Benign Lymph Node in Breast

After many weeks of pain and worry I finally had an ultrasound and mammogram done on my right breast. (please see my post of Jan. 5) Just spoke with the doctor's office and was told I had a benign lymph node in my right breast. They wouldn't tell me anything else other than that I'm fine. The pain and tenderness has improved slowly and is now almost completely gone but I', also on my period now, not sure if that makes a difference.

What is this? Will the pain come back and if yes, is there anything I can do for it? My doctor is not being helpful at all so any advice would be appreciated
Dear roxyward:  It is not unusual for a lymph node to appear in the breast tissue.  It may or may not be the explanation for the pain.  Many women have breast pain associated with their menstrual cycle - and this usually occurs before their period and resolves when the period starts.  If this pain returns for you, you might consider a medical breast specialist.  These are experts that are often affiliated with large academic medical centers and they are expert in benign breast pain.
1 Comment
A related discussion, benign lymphnode was started.