Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Big Painful lump

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Big Painful lump

I have an extremmely large lump on my left breast. It is larger in size than a softball, etreemely painful, my skin is red, and hot to the touch. The doctor that I have been seeing has no idea what it is. When given an ultrasound, he said there seemed to be no fluid in it to drain out. I was wondering if you can help me with this.
Dear missharvey1:  The rule of thumb when a new lump is discovered is that it needs evaluation.  An ultrasound is best at differentiating between solid and cystic (fluid filled) masses.  That the breast is hot and red could indicate several things but needs to be investigated.  It is possible that a biopsy may be necessary to determine the cause of the lump, redness and warmth.  If you are concerned, you might consider a second opinion with a breast specialist.
I think you should get more advise from other doctor.

-----------
medicine learn blog