Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Bilateral Mammogram

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Bilateral Mammogram

I
Avatar n tn
Dear almi:  Nipple retraction is when the nipple appears "pulled in," kind of like a dimple.  This sometimes occurs when there is a tumor.  In your case, there is no retraction so this is a good finding.  Bilateral axillary adenopathy means that there are enlarged lymph nodes in both arm pits.  There are many possible explanations for this.  Your doctor will be best equipped to explain this as it pertains to your situation.
Avatar n tn
It sounds as if you have also started to become 'fatty" replaced. Which is good.  As we get older we often lose the dense breast tissue as it turns to fat.  The doctor was describing what he saw all of which sounds completely normal. i am a mammographer and we often pull in axillary nodes.
Avatar n tn
last week I had cat scan of my lung area, it picked up bilateral axillary lymph nodes largest one was 1.1cm, had mammogram today,what are some other causes for enlarged lymph nodes, besides cancer???