Breast Cancer Community
Biopsy - Help Please!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Biopsy - Help Please!

I am 47 years old I have just recently done my Biopsy and they have said:

Diagnosis
1. Breast, right, biopsy: Invasive ductal carcinoma, NOS with apocrine features, nuclear grade 3/3
2. Right axilla, biopsy: Metastatic ductal carcinoma with apocrine features, within desmoplastic stroma.
COMMENT: Immunohistochemical studies for hormonal receptors and HER-2/neu have been requested on section 2A/

I am really confused on what's going on.. If you guys don't mind elaborating this to me? I have to go for MRI next. Is this really dangerous? And is it an early stage? And can I recover from this - is it treatable? Thanks!
You certainly should have had an indepth discussion with your Physicians at this point. If you haven't been informed then you definitely need to call your Dr. and demand some answers. Evidently your biopsy has shown that you do have Breast Cancer which has spread to the lymph nodes. This is the reason that you are now having the other testing that you mentioned in your post. I don't think I would term a diagnosis as "dangerous" but it certainly is serious. The MRI will indicate if the cancer cells have spread to any other part of your body. All this information needs to be discovered in order to choose the very best treatment plan for your particular circumstance. These days any case of cancer is treatable ... how the cancer responds to the treatment is something that cannot really be predicted. I would think that you will be seeing an Oncologist who will formulate a treatment plan specifically for you. Please contact your Dr. so that you can be informed as this is your RIGHT as a patient so give him/her a call ASAP. Kindest regards .....
They will also probably want to do a PET scan to see if the cancer has spread beyond the breast and lymph nodes.
Thanks,I have done my  M R I two days before waiting for result.They told me it will take one week for the detail result.but my friend told me my doctor call me if some thing bad in the report otherwise they will not call.
I'm sure you will be informed of the result no matter what it reveals. You will be seeing an Oncologist and a Surgeon as soon as these tests (MRI) are done and the results have been reported. A week is about right for the results of any of the tests to be available to your Dr. who will then explain everything to you. You definitely will be having some type of Surgery to remove the cancer and also some treatment after the surgery. As I believe I said in one of my previous posts ... all the information when put together will determine what treatment will be best for your particular situation.  Regards .....