Breast Cancer Community
Birads 4B biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Birads 4B biopsy

I recently had breast biopsy for Birads 4B cluster microcalcifications in left upper outer quad. Never had a complaint of breast pain or lumps. Just showed up on mammogram. Biopsy came back as fibrocytic changes. Is it possible to have no pain or lumps with fibrocytic breasts?

This discussion is related to Mammogram and MRI results.
So happy to hear about your benign results! That's good news!
It sounds like you'll need some followup on the the other issues, so be sure to see your
doctor about those. Are these new problems or have you known about them for awhile?
They really don't have anything to do with your fibrocystic breasts if you're thinking that.
Wishing you well,
ncmichigan
... I have fibrocystic (dense) breasts.
I was never aware of it until I had my 1st mammogram, at age 40.
According to my family physician, nearly half of the female population has this condition, and while it's not cancerous, it is a condition that can conceal breast abnormalities... so, doctors and technicians are particularly vigilant when viewing diagnostic tests of those with fibrous breast density. He also added that the condition is likely hereditary in nature.
Forgot to mention that I was positive for bilirubin in urine, am hypothyroid, and nondibetic with fasting blood glucose of 39.
Wishing you well,
ncmichigan
Hypoglycemia and bilirubin in urine showed up this year during yearly exam. Was concerned that maybe they were related to BC but with B9 results now I'm not sure.
been hypothyroid since last years physical.
I'm sure your doctor has some ideas about the causes and treatment of your conditions.
Fortunately, they should all be treatable relatively easily. Bilirubin in the urine is normal (it's what makes it yellow!) so I'm assuming yours was higher than normal.The bilirubin could be caused by anemia, a drug reaction, a liver problem or maybe a problem with stones in the biliary tract somewhere. The hypoglycemia could be related to the pancreas secreting too much insulin or a liver problem-with the bilirubin elevation, that would seem more likely as a cause for both. These could be just short term problems or longer term like your hypothyroidism. Just continue to follow up with your doctor and take care of yourself!
Wishing you all the best,
nc