Breast Cancer Community
Black Spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Black Spot

I have a small black spot on my left breast but im not sure what it is. it's been there for a year or two but it's never caused me any pain. Since there's been no pain or discomfort i left it alone and didnt get it checked out. Breast canver is in my family history.I've looked online trying to find out what the spot is. Is the spot a sign of breast cancer?
1 Comment
It could be a petechiea or an ecchymosis or a mole. You have to watch out for any changes in the colour or size of what most probably is a mole. What you have to do is show it to your physician the next time you go for your regular check up or schedule an appointment immediately in case you notice more such lesions coming up, or a change in size or associated symptoms like pain/lumpiness/ discharge etc. Just go ahead with a regular breast self exam till then.

A related discussion, a black spot on my niple was started.