Breast Cancer Community
Bleeding Nipple
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding Nipple

I found that I have one bleeding duct from my left nipple when squeezed. I went straight to my GP who has referred me on the two week fasttrack and I will be seen next Tuesday at the Breast Cancer clinic.  My concern is that 18 months ago I found a lump. They did all the tests and the ultrasound was positive and the needle test was negative.  I went in to have surgery but the lump had disappeared so they did another ultrasound and there was nothing there. Could they have missed something?      
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi there.

Bleeding from the nipples is not tantamount to cancer. More common causes include infection, and the presence of a condition called papilloma.  Breast papillomas are usually very hard or sometimes impossible to see by standard imaging procedures such as the mammogram and ultrasound.  The treatment for this is usually surgery.  The surgeons have a method of localizing on which part of the breast the papilloma lie.  You may also want to inquire with your doctors regarding breast MRI that may pinpoint the problem.  I suggest you discuss these options with your physician.  Regards and best of luck.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank