Breast Cancer Community
Blisters on Breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Blisters on Breast

I woke up hurting one morning on my left breast and later noticed a blister with about 4 red marks looking like a rash underneath.  On the inner side of the breast there is another reddish rash.  I have searched for an answer on line to see if I needed to go to the doctor but nothing is helping.
The rash could be due to some trauma/injury /friction at the site. It could also be due to tight clothing. Wear lose clothing, apply a soothing moisturing lotion for a couple of days and see if it subsides. Also do a self breast exam and see if you notice any other abnormal feature such as a lump / discharge etc. In case the rash persists, or you notice a lump etc schedule an appointment with your physician and get a complete clinical evaluation done. This could also be due to an infective cause and your physician might prescribe some topical antibiotics. Goodluck.
I have been applying just ointment cream, I guess you could say, and a bandage to keep the area from getting anything in it.  Now the blister is gone, but it looks bigger.  The skin around it is a deep red and is also peeling.  My mother-in-law, being a nurse, said to go on to the doctor, but that is without her even looking at it.

Airforcewifey
You need to see your physician if the lesion is still persistent. It is important to rule out an infection, and if so antibiotics would need to be started immediately. Your mother-in-law is a nurse as you said and is apt in handling such queries. If she also thinks you need to see a doctor , you should go ahead and schedule an appointment at the earliest. Delay might cause the infection to spread. Also a confirmed diagnosis is required. Goodluck.
Doctor has been seen.  It was nothing. In fact she said it looked like I burned myself, but I would remember if I did that! It's getting better, but we are keeping a close watch on it!
Could it be due to rubbing against some surface accidently or some tight clothing? Carry on with your regular breast self exams and get  a clinical evaluation done once in six months time. Also report any abnormal features like nipple discharge , skin changes, lump etc. to your physician. Also continue with the cream that you are using now and hope the lesions heals up quickly. Good luck!