Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Bloody Discharge
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bloody Discharge

I have had a milky discharge for the past 2 years, knowing that is normal I did not worry about it. I have 3 children with my youngest being 5 and I am only 38 years old. About 2 months ago I noticed I had a bloody discharge from my right breast.  I had it tested to confirm blood and they sent me for a mammogram. After the mammogram the doctor came in and checked the discharge and recommended a ductogram because the right breast was alot denser than the left. I figured I would call later to schedule it.  As I was leaving the parking lot of the hospital the doctor flagged me down and wanted me to schedule it before I left saying he didn't feel is was a good idea to put it off.  It was scheduled about five days later.  There seem to be a sense of urgency I wasn't expecting.  The discharge slowed and basically stopped and became less bloody looking so I canceled the ductogram because they said there needed to be discharge in order to perform this.  The discharge is not alot and is more clear than bloody now but they are still recommending a ductogram. It seems everything I have read said the chances are slim as to being cancerous, I guess I am wondering if I am missing something and whether if there is really a need to have this done, the doctors won't say too much. I would appreciate you opinion- Thank you