Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Boils/Spots on the breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Boils/Spots on the breast

Hi and thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my question and put my mind at ease. I have had a spot or boil on my left breast for about 4 months now. When I squeeze it, blood and puss come out and it is quite painful when I squeeze it. It is only painful when I squeeze it. Now it seems to be open and oozing some clear liquid and there is a sore red line coming from it now. Can you advise me of any treatment I may need for this or if it my be symptomatic of something more sinister? I have had a borderline phyllodes tumor removed from my other breast around the same time this started and I am 34 yrs old.
Dear hotstuff:  If there is a "spot" on the breast that drains pus and blood when squeezed, the concern would be infection.  Without evaluation, we cannot speculate on what this might be.  Our recommendation is to have this evaluated, possibly by the surgeon who removed your phyllodes tumor.
Sorry, just another point on this query. It is purple/black in colour.
I have the same exact thing it is reddish purple and it oozes blood and white stuff. Now it is painful , I had a spot just like the one described and it went away for a month then anthoer spot right next to it came back four days ago and I am concerned.