Breast Cancer Community
Breast & spiculated area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast & spiculated area

I have to have a biopsy and saw one of my momograms show a spiculated area & the MRI picked up dye in a 3 mm area. Ultrasound showed nothing. Hope it's benign.

This discussion is related to Spiculated breast mass.
Until a biopsy procedure is done, we cannot tell you in advance what the abnormality could be.A spiculated mass is concerning and always needs to be biopsied,but it's not a sure thing that the lump will be cancerous.There are a variety of other spiculated lesions that could turn out harmless.
I also hope that your biopsy will result in benign findings.
Sending you my best wishes...
We ALL hope it's benign, too! I know it's easier said than done, but please try to stay positive and not worry too much. We've all been there and know what you're going through with the waiting, but worry won't change anything and it is what it is. You'll be able to deal with "what is" a lot easier than the "what ifs", so hang in there until you have some definitive results.
I'm hoping you have an easy biopsy experience and good news in the end!
Sending you a big hug from Michigan (        ),
nc