Breast Cancer Community
Breast Biopsy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breast Biopsy

I had a breast biopsy done and the nurse called and told me it was benign. She also stated that the doctor scheduled me to go have a breast MRI done. If the results were benign, then why would I need a MRI?
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,.
An MRI is usually recommended  because it offers superior resolution and it's becoming more widely used in the evaluation of breast lumps because it is particularly sensitive to small abnormalities in the breast .Even though your biopsy results is benign,your doctor is just being cautious and wants to make sure that the abnormality in your breast that had suspicious characteristics,(requiring a biopsy)conforms with the benign biopsy results.Also if you have dense breasts,the MRI test is valuable to clearly visualize the breast tissue and other small abnormalities in the breast that could have been missed by mammogram and ultrasound test .
Wishing you all the best and benign findings also on your MRI test...
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,.
An MRI is usually recommended  because it offers superior resolution and it's becoming more widely used in the evaluation of breast lumps because it is particularly sensitive to small abnormalities in the breast .Even though your biopsy results is benign,your doctor is just being cautious and wants to make sure that the abnormality in your breast that had suspicious characteristics,(requiring a biopsy)conforms with the benign biopsy results.Also if you have dense breasts,the MRI test is valuable to clearly visualize the breast tissue and other small abnormalities in the breast that could have been missed by mammogram and ultrasound test .
Wishing you all the best and benign findings also on your MRI test...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank