Breast Cancer Community
Breast Cancer -Lumps in armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast Cancer -Lumps in armpit

Hi,my mom has breast cancer. she was operated and both of her breast was taken out out already, but the thing is she wanted to have a fake breast and so she will not get upset seeing flat chest. So, during her  lump surgery she had a cosmetic surgeon who can place inplants. She had the operation in the year 2000. At present she has a big lump in her left armpit. I have an Aunt who is a nurse in California who told me that I should not be worried about the lumps of my mom, because she too has   silicon inplants and when she told her doctor about it she was given PREMARIM. My aunt told me that shes been taking that medicine and if she missed taking it the lumps will come out. My mom is healthy and strong, its just the lumps that we are worried about and if she gets stress it becomes swollen and painful. Her BP are always high and ever since its like that, doctors wonder how she can handle that high BP w/c is 170 - 110, at times it gets 200 -120.
She was told not to take hormonal drugs because that might trigger her cancer cells. Would you advise her to take premarin?

thank you for your time and for giving your attention to us.
God Bless
1 Comment

It would not be advisable to take any medication without a clinical evaluation by a doctor and without a doctor's prescription.

It would be best to schedule an appointment with a breast specialist to find out the cause of the lump your mother is having. It could be scar tissue, fat necrosis, another mass lesion which needs to be investigated further, etc.

Also , you need to talk to your physician about the high blood pressure your mother is having because that also has several complications. Is she on any medications currently?

Let us know how she is doing and what her doctor's advise.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.