Breast Cancer Community
Breast Cancer sign?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breast Cancer sign?

Hello. I am a 15 year old girl and I have noticed weird things with my breast lately. The nipple  part (the skin around it) is very itchy. There's a certain spot that itches really. It's shedding a little and is bleeding a little because of it. It itches like crazy and I can't stop trying to rub it a little. I don't rub it vigorously just gently. And sometimes, the side of it is numb. The side near the armpit is numb. It kinda started when I was 12 with what I thought was a mosquito bite so I started scratching until it shed and stuff. The lump was soft and wasn't hard at all just itchy. Anyway, it went away after  a while then came back  again a few months ago. What happened?
Tags: Breast Cancer, itchy breast, shedding breast
2 Comments
Blank
P.S. My left breast is a little bigger than the right. Why is that?
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
I strongly doubt that the symptoms you describe,have anything to do with breast cancer.
This problem could be caused by a variety of things,like for example changes in hormones levels,allergic reaction, eczema, fungal infection etc...
The lump in your axilla area could be a swollen lymph node that is usually caused by an infection or inflammation somewhere in the body. It could also be a sebaceous cyst or an infection of the hair follicle that may be caused by shaving or use of antiperspirants.
I would suggest that the first thing to do is talk to your mom, (or someone close to you),so together you can visit your family doctor or a dermatologist to get a proper clinical evaluation.It is necessary to get the help of a health care professional to help determine what is causing this problem and have it resolved with some type of medication.
Different sized breasts is perfectly normal in teenagers and it's quite common.Many times, this difference in size will even out, usually by age 20.Every woman is different and no two women's breast will look exactly the same even when fully developed.
Best wishes...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank