Breast Cancer twice, each different.
I had non invasive hormonal, Ductal Carcinoma, in-situ, 2 years ago and had a bi-lateral mastectomy procedure done with reconstruction. I was told at the time that they could not guarantee they would be taking 100% of the breast tissue and there was a 1-2% chance I could get breast cancer again.  Well, guess what, I now have been diagnosed with invasive non hormonal carcinoma.  I am in the process of Chemo and will do surgery to remove the implant and the diseased area and then 33 treatments of radiation.  My question is,  "How often does this occur?"  I know 1-2% but is there anyone out there that this has happened to?
Dear NuKid1631:  It is not common, but it is possible, to develop a second primary cancer after bilateral mastectomy because there is usually some residual breast tissue that remains.  We will post for others comments.