Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast Cancer with Liver Mets
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Breast Cancer with Liver Mets

In July 2001 I was diagnosed with breast cancer in both breasts.  Scheduled for Double Mastectomy.  Prior to the surgery I had some tests done that indicated it has already spread to my liver.  Further CT showed 30 leasons on the liver the biggest one being 3cm.  As soon as I was able after the surgery, the doctor started me on Tamox (no chemo/radiation).  After one month of being on Tamox, they did a re-scan and it showed great improvement.  All of the leasons had reduced down in size and some were gone.  The biggest one now being 2.1cm.  My blood work keeps coming back normal (has been all along).  I am not in any pain what so ever.  I can see the confused looks in my doctors faces they keep saying I am not a normal cancer patient.  

Is it possible to have liver mets and not feel it?  Is it possible to have cancer and yet the blood tests are normal?
For about two years prior to all of this I was taking estrogyn and progest.  I was very careless with taking these drugs.  I would stop and start them again or just forget to take them for a few days at a time.  Could that have damaged my liver to make them think it is cancer?
I am wondering if I should get a second opinion.  I like the doctors I have now though.