Breast Cancer Community
Breast Cancer!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast Cancer!

My daughter works at a urgent care clinic and the doctor there seen me because I found a lump in my breast and he said that I needed to have a mammogram done. He said the size of the lump is 3" Wide by 3" long and now it's bigger because it's been a month in a half. I'm 44 year old and I called the Arizona's Well Women Health Check Program and they said I qualified for the program and said my information will be faxed over to the St. Joseph's Center for Women's Health and they called me and I had a appointment set up for Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:00 am. and the called me today and said that there are no funds left and that they have to put me on a waiting list and it would be in August 2013 to see if they have funds then to see me. I told them I can't wait that long. Is there any other places that could help me out with a free mammogram because the Doctor I seen said it's not good at all because of how big the lump is, and that's on my left breast and 2 small lumps on my right breast. I need help now. Someone please help?
1 Comment
I hope there is nothing serious there,most breast lumps are not malignant, but you certainly need to have these lumps in your breasts checked out.
I have provide for you several places to call and I hope it helps.

The American Cancer Society. toll-free: 1-800-ACS-2345

2)The United States Government’s National Cancer Institute can direct you to a local resource for free mammograms. Call them toll-free at 1-800-4-CANCER .

3)Susan G. Komen for the Cure provides information on free or low-cost mammograms and other sources of financial assistance. Call toll-free, 800-IM-AWARE

4)The American Breast Cancer Foundation’s Key to Life Breast Cancer Screening Assistance Program provides financial assistance to uninsured and under insured women and men of all ages for breast cancer testing. Call their toll-free enrollment hotline, 877-Key-2-Life (877-539-2543).

Finally, try calling your local hospital. Ask to speak to a social worker. He or she will be the one who’ll know about the availability of free or low-cost cancer screening in your community.

Sending you my best wishes...and good luck!