Breast Cancer Community
Breast Discharge...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast Discharge...

Hello to everyone...I'm writing cause I've read some of the information written here about the discharge especially the brown discharge. I've had clear discharge coming out of my left breast and brown discharge coming out of my right breast. My OBGYN sent me for a urine test to verify if I was pregnant cause I was also having little fluttering and movement on my left side of my stomache and the results came back negative. then she sent me for thyroid blood work and that also came back negative. She also sent me for an breast exams whcich were an ultrasound and mammogram and those also came back negative no problem what so ever. Now she wants me to see a breast surgeon not becuase they found something in my breast but because she saids she never heard of having brown discharge coming out from the breast. I also told her that I wanted a blood work done for pregnancy test because usually I get positive results of pregnancy through blood work than urine test and I have to do that on Monday which is tomorrow. If anyone knows why the discharge if I did all those tests please let me know. Thank you and hope to hear from someone soon.
Breast discharge isn't necessarily abnormal and the discharge can be alomst any color or consistancy. Actual bloody discharge from one breast without stimulation is cause for concern. The discharge of course comes from the milk ducts and there could possibly be some ductal issue here. I think it's a good idea as suggested for you to see a Breast Specialist and the discharge can be tested for any abnormal cells. I don't see any relation between the discharge and the various blood work you have had. Mammogram and ultrasound wouldn't diagnose the nature of the breast discharge unless there were a tumor involved. If you think you may be pregnant I hope you informed the Radiology Dept. before you had the Mammogram.   Regards ...
Thank you for your comment and concerns. I really do appreciate it. I went today and got blood work done to see if I'm pregnant or not just to be on the safe side cause I'm getting a little moody and sentimental at times and things are starting to bother me, I'm also feeling a slight pain on my left abdomen and pain on my lower back neck and shoulders I also have loss of appetite and sometimes either my son's cologne or certain type of foods makes me nauseas and uncomfortable in regards to the smell. that is the reason I requested a blood test to verify if I'm pregnant or not even though I had a tubal ligation 7 yrs. ago which all they did was just cut a small portion of my tubes. I don't know if it's tricks in my head but I've notice that my belly is a little bigger than before and wider. So lets see what happens when I get the results tomorrow. And I have the appointment with the Breast Surgeon on the 28th which is next week. Hoping to GOD that everything is alright and normal.