Breast Cancer Community
Breast Duct Removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast Duct Removal

After a breast duct removal does your breast ever look the same?

This discussion is related to discharge.
if they just remove one duct its not meant to really make any noticable difference. i dont know if its more than one though.
I had duct removal surgery a few weeks ago and it did make a change in my nipple.  My doctor said it would be permanent, the good thing is you can barely tell where the incision is.  Now the texture around the nipple is harder, hopes that softens up as I heal.
I had the surgery 18 months ago and all is well. I had a dimpling effect under the nipple, but things seemed to fill back in naturally after a few months. The scar is not noticeable at all.

I would like to tell both of you that I am now going through this for a second time - I really thought this was a one time event, but I guess it is not...I posted a question on the board about whether this is a disease of the breast and if it means I am more susceptible to developing other breast tumors.