Breast Hematoma
Two weeks ago I had a minor motorcycle accident with really the only injury was from the end of the handlebars hitting me in the chest.  My left breast swelled and became black and blue.  The bruising spread and I did go to the ER the day of the accident due to the intense "burning" pain.  They said I had a large hematoma and to ice the area.  After two weeks some of the bruising is gone but the swelling is still the same if not larger.  There is a large area on my left breast that is hard, tender and tight with some areas somewhat numb.  Ice does nothing and has never helped the swelling.  I know it takes time to heal but after 2 weeks I expected at least some relief of swelling with the ice.  Anything I can do to get this to go down?  I have read they sometimes need to be drained or removed.  Any info. or help is appreciated.  I do go to my OB GYN in a couple days, just wondering what to expect.  

This discussion is related to Large hematoma.
After the initial ice treatment warm compresses are sometimes recommended to help the hematoma be absorbed. They can be drained but most often it just takes time and by that I mean a considerable amount of time. The blood may become more solid that liquid and can be removed surgically .... since you have an appointment so soon I would just wait it out and see what he/she has to say about it. You might be advised to see a Breast Surgeon if time doesn't take care of the problem.  Regards ....