Breast Cancer Community
Breast Hurts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast Hurts

My left breast hurts when I stretch my arm up...should I be concerend.  It feels like the muscles are tearing...thanks!
Hi there.

From what you have described, then the cause of this pain may be that of muscle or skeletal type of pain that is commonly due to stress.  This can be managed by rest and taking pain medications.

However, you should observe your breast for any abnormalities such as the appearance of lumps or nipple discharges.  Fibrocystic disease of the breast can also present with this type of pain which represents an unusual response of your breast tissues to hormonal stimulation.

If this persists or has become uncomfortable, it is best to have this looked at by your doctor.

Regards and God bless.
Thanks for the reply!  I do have lumps in my breast and brought it up to my last primary doctor, at the time I was 22 and he said too young for it to cancerous.  He did however acknowledge the lumbs and said they could be removed if I wanted.  Since then it's something I always have on my mind, yet I have not looked into this further.  One breast looks like it's not shaped the way it used to like it pulls a little more to one side, but I have no discharge.  I know this is something I really need to look into further...

Thanks again!!