Breast Infection From Animal Bite
I was sitting on my sofa yesterday when my rabbit climbed right up my lap and bit my left areola right through my clothes. It has been red ever since and I feel a small round bump under the skin. It does not appear to have lessened at all. Should I wait it out a few days before seeing  dr. or is there anything in particular to try at home?
Hi there.

This swelling that appeared after the bite should be assessed by the doctor.  If the site is infected, then you may be given a course of antibiotics to cure the infection.  Also, the doctor may recommend anti-tetanus shots depending on your history of immunization.  For now, you should avoid further trauma to the area as much as possible.  Also observe for changes like ulceration, discharges or pain that may signify infection.

Regards.
you should make sure to get the infection cured.  my boyfriend bit me in theexact same place and it caused infection and then breast cancer.  infection does and can cause cancer.
I worked as an instructor of veterinary bacteriology.  Animals can carry bacteria in their mouths that can cause infections in humans.  Rabbits can carry Francisella Tularensis which can cause Tularemia.  Although I would doubt that your pet rabbit has this disease, I would certainly have it checked out by a doctor.  Cats can carry Pasteurella (in this same category of bacteria) in their mouths.  They do not show in symptoms of disease but their bite can cause infection and a large degree of swelling.  Although it might be kind of weird to have to talk about getting an infection from a rabbit bite, the doctor needs to know the species of animal.