Breast Lump after Pregnancy
My daughter has found a lump about 1.5 inches above her nipple.  She gave birth three months ago at the age of 31.  It is her first pregnancy.  She said that when she found it on self-examination that when she pressed on it there was burning.  Is this something that should concern her?

My cousin who is a breast cancer survivor, was diagnosed 6 months after giving birth to her first child at the age of 32.  So, you can understand my concern.
I am certainly no doctor, but that sounds to me like it could possibly be a clogged milk duct.  Has she experienced that before?

I was also diagnosed 7 months after giving birth and while still nursing, so yes, I definitely do understand your concern.  Symptoms of my breast cancer included change in milk color, diminished milk production, palpable nodules, but no pain.  This is what makes me think it could be related to a clogged duct or tissue changes due to pregnancy.  However, because 3 different doctors "blew me off" by saying the changes in my breast were just changes due to pregnancy hormones, I have become a HUGE advocate of getting it checked out if you are concerned.  The worst that could happen by consulting her doctor that she trusts is a little hassle and expense...that's nothing compared to the peace of mind you have by obtaining a real diagnosis.

All my best.  Enjoy that baby!
-Lori