Breast Cancer Community
Breast Lump...Is It Serious????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast Lump...Is It Serious????

I have a question about a hard bump/lump that I have.  It is located above my left breast, about 1 to 1 1/2 inch below my collar bone.  It is really hard, and raised up.  I can see it just looking in the mirror.  It feels almost like a bone.  But I don't think it is.  It is really hard to describe.  It isn't perfectly round, maybe kind of like an oval, about an inch (maybe a little less) in diameter, and it isn't moveable at all.
1 Comment
First you need to make an appointment with your Dr. for a clinical breast exam and most likely some additional testing ... Mammogram (depending on your age) and/or Ultrasound to determine what this lump represents. You should NEVER delay whenever you discover something abnormal in your breasts. Please make that appnt. very soon ... waiting is NOT a wise thing to do and will never solve anything. Regards ...