Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast Pain in my right breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Breast Pain in my right breast

I have been having burning pain in my right breast for about two weeks. and I would really like to know some suggestion on what it could be. I do not feel a lump.
  • breast pain (1 replies):
    hi, Iam very concerned I'm having alot of pain only in m...[more]
  • pain (1 replies):
    Why am I having breast pain after having triple by-pass ...[more]
  • breast pain (1 replies):
    I'm 35 and I recently got off the pill after being on th...[more]
  • what could this be? (1 replies):
    i am 13 and recently ive been having a sharp pain in my ...[more]
  • Breast Pain (1 replies):
    Hi, I'm 42 and have been experiencing breast pain for...[more]
Dear Michele_Swain, Breast pain is a common breast symptom.  The reason for breast pain is not clearly understood, and is not usually associated with breast cancer.  Breast pain is sometimes associated with hormonal variations and is then called cyclical breast pain.  Noncyclical breast pain does not seem to be linked to hormonal variations and is often localized to one area of the breast tissue.  Noncyclical breast pain may or may not be the result of an injury to the breast.   Over the internet without being able to evaluate including physical examination it is difficult to say what this is. If this continues to concern you, you should bring your symptoms to the attention of your doctor who can evaluate and put into perspective for you.  
hey mine was a burning pain for some time then lump. get a scan!!! mri are best!!!  xoxojay
A related discussion, breast was started.