Breast Cancer Community
Breast Pimple/Boil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast Pimple/Boil

2697267?1206574727
Recently, about 4 days a go I noticed a pimple on my breast on the medial bottom quadrant right underneath my areola. It seemed like a white head pimple. I didn't make much of it, and continued to exercise. Now, yesterday before going to take a shower, I noticed pus coming out of it along with blood. I did put on neosporin, but it continues to hurt even without my pressing it. At the present moment the local area has clotted. And no pus has come out since then. Should I worry? I have tried to upload a picture of it for further assistance. I would really appreciate the further guidance. Thank you!

What is your age? You should not pick at the lesion as this might cause infection.

You should keep the area clean, wear lose clothes and see if the pimple goes away in a few days.

Pimples on the breast can occur, just like on skin anywhere else.

You should do a breast self exam and report any abnormal features that you might notice - a breast lump, skin changes or nipple discharge etc.

If the pimple does not resolve in a few days consult your physician for a clinical evaluation.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing and what does your physician advise.

Goodluck.

Dear Dr. Bhumika,

I am 22 yrs old. Ever since it started to pus I have started wear lose clothes.

Immediately, I did do a self exam, and there's nothing abnormal.

At the moment what I have done is cleaned the area, placed neosporin on it and on top of that I have put turmeric powder.

Last night I did that along with taking 2 Tylenols, since the area hurt without my touching. This morning the surrounding area's redness has decreased, along with little to no pain even when I touch it.

Thank you very much for your kind support and response!

Good to know that you are doing things in the recommended way and that the lesion is responding too.

But still, if the pimple does not resolve in a few days consult your physician for a clinical evaluation.

Post us on how you are doing and about any other doubts that you might have.

Regards.

So after a week of bearing the pain, I finally decided to go to clinic at my school. The doctor here, after seeing it, she immediately it's an abscess.

She cleaned the area, which I must say OMG, was that PAINFUL!!!

She also took a culture sample of it.

I am expected to go in for an IV infusion in the morning.

I will keep you updated!

How are you doing now? Has the lesion resolved?

What antibiotics and medications were you given?

You could take some pain relief medications too, if the lesion is very painful.

You also need to follow up with your doctor for a re-evaluation about the lesion resolving satisfactorily.

Have the culture and sensitivity reports come in? Do post them to us here.

Let us know about how you are doing.

Regards.