Breast Ridges
What are breast ridges?
Dear ritz:  Breast ridges is a description of how a breast feels.  Often, at the base of the breast, there is a ridge of fat that results from gravity.  This is also called a breast ridge.
Aha! Ye olde inframammary ridge! Let me tell you, if you are feeling something unusual in that area, I would insist that it be checked out thoroughly just to be on the safe side. I was repeatedly told that there was nothing wrong, even by a practitioner who knew me personally (maybe that was why!). After three years, in my personally unique case, the area slightly north of the area of concern became rather livid, what with having been ignored. An aspiration biopsy was done and malignant cells were found. Wait. But then, no more malignant cells...LCIS, DCIS, etc., et al, but no more malignant cells. Coincidence? Or completely unrelated...don't know. But I also have costochondritis, an inflammation of the rib cartilage.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.