Breast Cancer Community
Breast Tenderness, Increase in size of both breasts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hi! I'm 24 yrs old, I'm a virgin and so, is my boyfriend. Around 2 months back, he mssaged and sucked on my nipples. After that my breasts were quite sore even though he had been very gentle. After 2 weeks or so, I started noticing tenderness in both breasts. Its not red or painful but when I press them, esp the lower half's extremely tender!... First I thought it was related to my periods, bcos twice i've had my periods in last 2 months and my breasts were tender both b4 and after my periods but then they waned and disappeared but now the tenderness is back and it's increased now, and I'm not expecting my periods for arnd 2 weeks. I'm really scared I got some infection from my boyfriend's mouth bcos it will be hell seeing a doctor abt it. I know thats possibe bcoos we can get infection from a baby's suckling too. At the same time, I hope it's not some cancer...I'd rather it be an infection than cancer.

just want to add that my periods have always been absolutely PAINLESS...no abdo pain and no breast pain either. Recently, I've started having slight abdo pain during periods afrom around 4-5 periods...are they linked? but my breast pain is clashing with periods but not just that time but b4 and after. So, is this normal periods, or infection or maybe warning sign of cancer?

My breasts...both have also increases in size...now my bras a tad small..but then I've also out on arnd 4 kgs in the last 2 months..so all the signs are now mixed up and i'm really confused...pls help!

And I could not find any lumps and its very painful to make out also
Hi.
I do agree with you.  Bacteria may be introduced by sucking the breast.  It may enter through breaks in the nipple or skin.  If it proliferates, the breast will become tender and inflamed.  However, the breast tenderness and enlargement could also be the result of hormonal changes in your body.
You should consult your doctor.  Do not be ashamed to tell your doctor what happened.  Your doctor can help you a lot.
Good luck.  

Hey...Thanks for replying... I really cant go to the doctor regarding this...it will be scandaalous...maybe I'll take some antibiotics and see... geez man! just like one mistake-had to make ot with a guy harbouring horrid organisms in his mouth!
Hi again.
If you can’t go to your doctor to have an examination, you may take antibiotic for 10 to 14 days.  You may also take over-the-counter pain reliever to relieve you of the discomfort.  However, if there are no changes noticed, I strongly urge you to see your doctor for examination.   Abscess formation is a possible complication.
Take care.
I am a 33 year old mother of two.  My older one was born when I was 22.  I did not breast feed and I went down a cup size a few months after the birth.  My second was born when I was 30.  I tried to breast feed, but after a few weeks could not get any milk.  My breasts again went down until I was around an a cup.  2 periods ago, i noticed a clear discharge in one nipple and both breasts were sore.  This went away following my cycle.  My last period, my breasts were sore again but no discharge.  It has been about 1-2 weeks since my last period and yesterday both breasts became sore and swelled.  I am hoping my 'original' breasts are returning.  I am wondering if this is normal, if I simply have muscle strain from new exercises or if it is something I need to be concerned with?  I have given myselfs mamograms and have not found anythign new.  I have a small lump near my nipple in my left breast, however this has been present for at least 7-8 years and has not changed in size or position