Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast Tingling like pins and needles
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breast Tingling like pins and needles

I am going through perimenopause.  I had a one day period in December 09...followed by a UTI infection.  While I was taking an antibiotic for this, my left breast started feeling really hot and developed a rash around the nipple area.  It cleared up in a few days and was replaced with a burning, stinging, pins and needles sensation under my arm and on the outside of the left breast?  I'm concerned that this could be cancer?  If not does anyone have any idea of what it could be?  Possibly hormones because of menopause approaching?  Thank you.
Related Discussions
242529_tn?1292452814
Dear Debbie195876, Over the internet without ability to evaluate including physical examination we cannot say for sure what is causing your symptoms, however this is not the usual symptoms associated with breast cancer.  There could be a number of other causes for example, the skin like other areas of the body is susceeptible to a variety of irritations and conditions, allergic reaction to the antibiotics etc.   It is best to run this by your doctor who can assess in context of your entire situation.
2 Comments
Blank
1182152_tn?1264108247
Thank you so much for your response.  I'm going for a mammogram on Tuesday, Jan. 26. 2010.  I'm thinking I might run this by my doctor before hand though.  Thanks again for your answer.  I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Sincerely,

Debbie195876
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank