Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast Ultrasound Results

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Breast Ultrasound Results

I had 2 mammos recently and was referred to have an ultrasound (You answered a question I had regarding my mammos).  The technician who did my ultrasound was able to find the mass.  She showed it to me.  To me it looked like an oval tunnel through my breast.  She told me that she would show the doctor and he would return in about 15 minutes and go over the results with me.  Instead, the technician came back and said "the dr said it is jus ductal junk and to come back in 6 months to have a mammogram just to be sure it doesn't change."  The, she immediately pointed the directions for me to exit the building and then left.  I really wanted to ask her what "ductal junk" was, but she was gone before I had the chance.  I know it's not a technical term!  Should I contact my dr. that referred me to find out?  Or, should I just dutifully wait my 6 months?  And, by chance - do you have a clue what "ductal junk" could mean?  Thanks!
Dear cynthbry:  It is difficult to comment on the results of a test without seeing what is being described.  You would be best served to ask for a printed report of the findings, as well as discussing the results with your doctor.  
1 Comment
A related discussion, Breast ultrasounds was started.