Breast Cancer Community
Breast bone knot and pulled muscle feeling on side of right breast to u...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast bone knot and pulled muscle feeling on side of right breast to under arm.

Im 42. never smoked. I have been on a recent diet and excerise program and started it about 2 months ago. at weight of 235lbs, now down to 209lbs loss of about 28/30 pounds, been taking GLA, CLA, Milk thistle, Chitosan plus Chromium, My paternal G-mother did have breast cancer, but no other history of cancer in the family Im aware of. I do self exams, but all the little lumps and bumps I feel are equal on both sides nothing feels really different to me.. But a few months back I noticed a small knot on my breast bone (center) at edge of abdomen. sometimes its kind of tender, sometimes not. Sometimes it feels bigger, and you can see it,  sometimes its barely and you can't tell.  I noticed it when I changed brand of bras. I don't know if the new bra caused it or if it brought it to my attention. I will say also that I have had some indigestion. and it seems the knot feels bigger then and I kind of feel the pressure from it (which I do have a history with some acid refluex issues. not enough to put me on meds but Ive a had few flare ups to where I had to go get a GI cocktail)  and Ive noticed that sometimes it almost feels like I can feel my heartbeat through the knot, (does that sound insane? LoL) I had a friend who went through gall bladder issues tell me it could possibly be a symptom of that, both my mother and maternal G-mother, had problems with gall stones and had their gall bladders removed. I have notice too, that the lymph node behind my right ear is inflamed and alittle tender. I know that can be caused by infection or stress, (which Im stressed cause Im worried,)  Im a single mother whos company just dropped our insurance so Im not issured anymore. I was going to schedule my first mammogram, when they dropped it.   Also, in the past couple of days,from my right breast to under my arm, if I move a certain way it burns like a pulled muscle, and the area under my arm on the right side of rib cage seems a little swollen or puffy,  now I have been excersing deiligently for the past two months.. (walking 7 days a week, for hour to and hour an half up hills and bleachers. ) soo Im thinking maybe I pulled something but I didn't feel it if I did.  But just kind of wondering if that kind of pain could be from anything else.  Im sure hope this make sense. Im sorry the length. Thank you for your time and any thoughts you have. Wen
1 Comment
I have a couple of thoughts but nothing related to breast cancer. I think you would be well advised to ck. with your Primary Care Physician and in the meantime cut back on the exercise to some degree. In most areas there are povisions for free mammograms for uninsured or underinsured women and you might ck. that out with your local hospital or health department. Since this area of concern isn't in the breast an Ultrasound might be a good choice for an exam but your Physician would be best to recommend the necessary procedure. By the way, nothing you said sounded insane .... please do have it checked out though, OK ???   Regards ....