Breast cancer & Bell's palsy
Two years after my last chemo for breast cancer,I have just been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy.I am wondering whether there is a connection between the two?

I believe it is unlikely that there is a connection. Neurological symptoms related to the chemotherapy tend to develop during or closely following the toxic exposure, and then resolve or at least improve over time.

The etiology of Bell's Palsy remains unknown and contraversial. Viruses, bacteria, and autoimmune disease appear to be emerging as the most frequent common thread.
Here is a link to a Bell's Palsy Web site's information regarding causation. This site also has chat groups and support for those dealing with this diagnosis.

Best wishes,
bluebutterfly

http://www.bellspalsy.ws/cause.htm
Dear bluebutterfly2222,
Thank you so much for answering my question..It helps to know that someone took the time to think about my worries....
Wish you'll continue to be a blessing to people in need...

mazami

Hi again,

You are certainly welcome.Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of my answer.

Here is another link, provided to me by zouzi, which does mention chemo as a possible cause. (As I mentioned above, however, I think Bell's Palsy caused by chemo would have shown up much earlier.)

http://www.upmc.com/HealthAtoZ/Pages/HealthLibrary.aspx?chunkiid=12019

Regards,
bb
Thank you once again...I'm looking into the links that you've sent..They're very informative...
Problem for me is I'm living in a remote area & it takes me 1+ 3 hours flight to see my oncologist...
So, a big big thank you....
mazami
Hi again,

For Bell's Palsy, the sooner you get tx the better. Since you have been given that Dx,, may I assume you are being treated for it? Since this is a neurological probblem,  consulting a Neuroligist would be good, but given your location, a local Internist should know what to do.

I don't think your oncologist would need to be seen for this problem. (I hope things are fine in regard to your BC?)

Best wishes,
bb

I'm taking Meganeuron,a mixture of Methylcobalamin,Alpha Lipoic Acid &Folic acid..I hope It'll work !!
I'm still taking hormonal treatment for my BC & I'm doing good..It's the fear of coming back that's not so good with me right now..(lol)...
I & some friends have started a foundation to help people suffering from cancer since March of this year..Please keep us in your prayer..There's so many things to do,specially for places like ours...

Thanks for caring & I do hope that your loved one is doing wonderful....
mazami

Glad to hear you are doing well--and also "doing good" for those with cancer!

My loved one just had her 2-yr check-up with no red flags. Hoping and praying that will continue!

Warm regards,
bb

Really wonderful to know that your loved one is doing well..Congratulations !!

Cheers,
mazami
A related discussion, CHEMOTHERAPY AFTER BREAST CANCER & BELLS PALSY was started.