Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast cancer and adrenal node
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Breast cancer and adrenal node

I am a 65 year old woman with breast cancer that suddenly appeared in June and is about 3cm.  I had a CT scan which shows a node on one of my adrenal glands.  I also had a PET scan which showed no other cancer.  My question is would that adrenal node be a likely cause of this cancer if it is producing excessive hormones?  I have the right body shape for an out-of-control adrenal gland: Overweight with all the weight in the middle even though I never overeat and usually undereat.

Should I see an endocrenologist?  If so, would it be better to delay surgery until after I've seen an endocrenologist or doesn't it matter?