Breast Cancer Community
Breast cancer stage 4 mets bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast cancer stage 4 mets bone

I just want to know i am concerned to my aunt. She have bc stage 4 metastasis the cancer now was spread into her bone and sometimes she will suffering for a severe pain she takes now full dose of morphine. She finished the 6months chemo treatment as per her doctors advice  and now after the 6mnths theraphy her doctor was advised her to continue her chemo treatment for another 2 yrs. is it possible for her to survive? How long her life expectancy for her case?
I'm sorry to hear that your Aunt is suffering with this dreaded disease. With mets to the bone one can live much longer than when the mets is to other organs. Often Radiation is used in this instance but I see that your Aunt's Oncology Team is advising the continuance of her Chemo which also helps with pain control. I have known many women with Stage 4 mets to bone to live several years and remain quite active. It would be wise for your Aunt to take the advice of her Dr.s and for you to offer her as much support as you can.  As far as length of survival time .... no one can say but we wish her a good quality of life for as long as possible.  Kindest regards ....
Thanks for your answer. God Bless
Hello gud day to you. Pls help. My aunt now was suffering stage 4  bc mets bone just like i said before. Her latest condition is now the pain was in her both arm and now in her back. Sometimes she cannot move her arm bcoz of the severe pain. And she takes up plenty of meds and also shes now a porse  menopausal her age was 45 yrs old. Pls is she have a chance to survive? In ur own words. Do u think she can live more for 5 yrs or less? Pls
I would think that the Dr.s might be able to offer some better pain control for your Aunt as she seems to be suffering more than she should. Whether she will survive for 5 years or more is a question that has no answer .... a lot depends upon the general health of the person and whether the cancer is continuing to spread to other areas of the body. If I were you I might think about getting a second opinion regarding the pain control from another Oncologist. When you are dealing with Stage 4 Cancer, quality of life is the most important thing to consider rather than length of survival. I hope that your Aunt can find some method of pain control soon so that whatever time she has will not be miserable. Regards ..
Thanks much for your best answer.