Breast cancer
I am a 44yr old woman, yesterday in the shower I thought I felt a hard lump situated on the bottom of my right breast right on the bone in cleavage. I do check my breasts regularly and had not felt this. The more I examined the more I can not decide if is the breast bone or a lump attached, seems stupid, surely I should know?? The more I examine the more painful it is, I am menstruating at the moment. I am worried over not much or should I be worried. Please help!!
There are a lot of possibilities for what it could be.The first thing that comes to mind is that it could be a xiphoid process which is a small cartilaginous or bony projection from the lowermost portion of the sternum (breastbone).
Many people have this problem (women and men).
This bony protrusion could be caused by inflammation,strain,exercise etc..and it's more noticeable when a person loses weight.If this lumps is what I think it could be,then you have nothing to worry about.It is simple to diagnose and simple to treat.
But please have you doctor examine you and send you for an X-ray and ultrasound for a correct diagnosis.There is nothing better than knowing for sure what this lump represents so that you can have peace of mind okay?
Wishing you all the best.