Breast Cancer Community
Breast cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Breast cancer

i am getting results friday morning from breast biopsy  will be talking to an oncologist nurse navigator  isn this a good indicaton that i do have cancer
Have you talked to your Primary Care Physician regarding this appointment being made before you have received your results ?? I'll admit that if I were you I would be thinking the way you are now. There may have been some indication on the films that the finding was indeed probably malignant but another possibiliby is that this is the way biopsy results are given to the patient .... by the Oncology Nurse. Perhaps you had your studies done at a Breast Clinic where things are handled a bit differently than in a regular Physician to Hospital situation. Every institution does things differently and this might be the case here. Here's hoping that it's just their routine and your biopsy results will be negative.  Regards ....
talked to my primary physician monday to go over mammogram and ulrasound  she said t is most likely cancer  she didnt want to sugar coat it
I don't believe in "sugar coating" either ... it's always best to get right to the problem, whatever it is, and attack it in the best way possible. I'm still hoping that it isn't cancer but if it is you know that treatment advances almost every day and is much more successful than even a couple years ago. Best wishes and please let us know when you get your results.    Kindest regards ....
Hi, Susan,
I had replied to you in a previous thread and asked that you let us know how you're doing. It's best if you keep everything in one thread so we all have the same information in the same place --- it's less confusing for those who want to answer you.
I'm sorry to hear that your doctor is pretty convinced that your doctor believes it's cancer. You will need the actual biopsy results to know what exactly is going on, but as japdip said, if it is cancer, there are so many advances in treatment that there's always room for hope. You should have some more information by today. If you have an oncology nurse navigator, it sounds like you'll be in good hands as far as treatment options and answers to your questions. Just be sure to get as much information as you need so you can make an informed decision for yourself.
Good luck to you and if you want to let us know how you're doing, please add a note here. Take care,
nc