Breast feeding while having fibrodenoma
Hello Doctor,

I am 25 years old having a lump in my left breast which has been diagonized as fibrodenoma in FNAC test some 2 years ago....after that i have not followed up as it has not increased in size & i even didn't had any problem. Now, i am pregnant(first issue) and am concerned whether breast feeding would be safe for my baby.

Also, please let me know, whether do i need to have the FNAC test once again to confirm that it is still fibrodenoma. Can this type be changed in a span of time. And if FNAC test has been done once....can it be done again?
Hi there.

Fibroadenomas are a common occurrence among the general population of women and this is a result of hormonal stimulation and the response of the breast tissues.  This does not remarkably increase the risk of developing future breast cancers, and all is needed is for these lumps of fibroadenomas to be followed up regularly.

I believe there would be no harm to the baby if ever you breast feed even when you have fibroadenomas.  what will be harmful to the baby is if you are taking drugs that can be passed through the milk.

Regards.