Breast Cancer Community
Breast injury
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breast injury

On July 3rd I tripped and fell.  I fell on the cast iron piping for the water meter.  In some respects I am lucky.  When I fell I hit my size 44D Left Breast about center of the mass.  I could have hit my collar bone or shoulder and been in more dire straits but.....The pain was unlike ANYTHING I have ever felt before.  It felt like my whole breast was going to EXPLODE.  Once I could move and inspect the damage, I noticed some scratches but otherwise bruising started to form.  Almost my entire left side of the breast, from nipple towards the arm pit and from center top mass of the breast to the underside of the breast is bruised (yellow, green, black, blue and a deep purplish red color) and appears to have blood like pooling or mottling in the skin, particularly towards the nipple.  To say the least, discomfort has been an issue, however up until today, the 8th of July, I did not notice any lumps in the area.  Today a golfball (or larger) sized lump has appeared and is VERY tender and feels heavy within my breast.  I have not been to the doctor...I don't qualify for medicaid and I have no insurance since I lost my job.  Do you think I should cough up the money for the trip to the doctors along with any tests he might order for me or wait it out.  I never would have thought about having this situation happen to me before.