Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast itching

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Breast itching

For about 4 weeks now I have been having breast itching to both breast. The right breast does itch more often than the left. I went to my GYN doctor and she said to use a 1% cortizone cream and that should relieve the itching. Only made it worse. I go for a mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow and she said to see my dermatologist. I see him in 3 weeks. Two nights ago I noticed on my right breast a bug bite looking area which itched and now I have a bit if redness and an open sore. My itching does stop and flares up at different times of the day and night. Sometimes I do feel like needles are sticking me after the itching stops. I plan on getting a 2nd opinion and requesting an MRI. Do I sound like I'm on the right track? I can't tell you how bad the itching can get and my close friends can look at my face and tell I'm having a flare-up.
Dear porterp:  Skin on the beasts is like skin on any part of the body and is subject to developing a variety of abnormalities.  Things to consider, given that this is happening to both breasts are whether you are using any new soaps, lotions, fabric detergents, bras etc.  These are common causes of itching.  If there is a sore, a dermatologist may be best equipped to evaluate this if it does not heal.  The mammogram and ultrasound will give more information that will help determine if any further evaluation is necessary.
Inflammatory Breast Cancer causes breast itching and pain. Many who have been diagnosed complain of spots which appear like bug bites. The itching and pain do not subside after using creams or steriods. This disease is OFTEN overlooked and misdiagnosed. Regular mammography does not show it. MRI's are recommended or biopsies. Even Biopsies have missed it. Be responsible for your health, and if the symptoms persist, don't let it rest.
A related discussion, RIGHT BREAST PAIN AND ITCHY was started.
A related discussion, breast itchiness and tenderness was started.
A related discussion, itchy breasts was started.
A related discussion, in need of help >.<;  plz was started.