Breast leakage
I'm 22, a smoker for 5 yrs. in O.K. health. I've noticed while doing routine breast exams on myself a clear and sticky discharge comes out of my nipple when squeezed. Only the right breast/nipple. I have no pain or other symptoms that I'm aware of. My left breast doen't leak. I did have a benign cyst during puberty in the same breast that leaked brownish fluid when squeezed, but that went away and I haven't had any leakage until now almost 10 yrs. later. I've asked my doctor and he said not to worry unless I have any other symptoms as well...like pain or lumps, etc. But I've noticed the amount of liquid has increased and I only have to put light pressure on my nipple and the liquid shoots out. Should I be concerned? What is egg white sticky liquid a sign of? Could it be cancer? It's been going on for about 4 months now.
Dear Aprilb, Nipple discharge is most often from benign (non-cancerous) conditions. Some women are more prone to more discharge including women on; birth control pills, certain blood pressure medications or on major tranquilizers. These medications increase prolactin levels in the body. There is also certain life periods when a person is more likely to get discharge than others: there may be more discharge at puberty and at menopause than the years in-between.

The time to worry about nipple discharge is when it
A related discussion, breast leakage was started.
A related discussion, Breast Leakage was started.