Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast lumps with nausea, arm and chest pain
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Breast lumps with nausea, arm and chest pain

I am 53 and on Estracombi HRT.  Eighteen months ago I had a large cyst aspirated (black fluid drawn) followed by a core biopsy - all clear but told to return promptly if it recurred.  Approx two weeks ago I experienced jagged pain at top of breast - same area as before - and again a pronounced lump, along with another, bigger lump on outside, extending underneath.  I was seeing a surgeon yesterday on a routine appointment (diverticulosis) and reported these, which she examined and she immediately ordered a mammogram for next Tuesday and an appointment to see her on the same day.  She agreed they were probably cysts but she needed to be sure before aspirating them.  

What is concerning me is that last time I was in considerably more pain with a fever.  This time, the jagged pain has died down and I now have a deep, heavy discomfort near the middle of my chest and numbness down my arm, hand and last two fingers.  I have had this for several months, actually, and my GP suggested carpal tunnel syndrome. I am also feeling pretty sick - not in my stomach but more like car-sickness.  My temp is normal.  I think I really just need reassurance that all these symptoms are indicative of cysts as I must admit, I did get a bit of a fright at the urgency of the mammo etc (in the UK we normally have to wait a good deal longer than a few days!)