Aa
A
A
Close
633795 tn?1222736461
Breast nodules
I had a cat scan done and they found a breast nodule in my right breast which was never there before, I have had mamograms before.  I do a self breast examine often and I never felt a thing, are breast nodules usually cancer or what are they exaclty.   Thank you
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi there.

breast nodules can both be benign and cancerous.  This would depend on the appearance of the nodule on these imaging studies.  Clues towards a cancer diagnosis would include a nodule with irregular gritty borders, or a nodule that is associated with a skin dimple.  If the nodule has smooth edges, then it is likely that this is benign.  However, if really equivocal, a biopsy may be necessary to determine the exact nature of this nodule.  Biopsy would come in the form of needle biopsy, or an excision biopsy which would require the removal of the entire nodule surgically.

Regards.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
639456 tn?1223296226
Hi~
last week they found three noduals in my breast in left8 mm the other two are in my right and are 4.6 mm and a 6 mm i will have an ultrasound this wednesday, however i am so scared and trying  to assume it's cancer, any thoughts?

thanks you so much
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
Top Breast Cancer Answerers
25201 tn?1255584436