Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Breast pain 6 months after biopsy
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Breast pain 6 months after biopsy

Hello,
Back in October 09 I had a mamogram (mammogram). Then an ultrasound. They found a cluster of  5cysts. I had the choice of leaving them alone for 6 month or having a biopsy. I chose the biopsy. Turns out they were just cysts and they removed 3 of the 5 leaving a clip behind to mark the site. In the past few weeks I have been experiencing pain in the same breast with some burning. I am going to go see the Dartmouth Hospital again and have this checked out. I am a little worried but I tend to this sort of thing about everything concerning my health. I am 49 I have stopped having periods I am very health  with no breast cancer history in my family. Could this just be the 2 cysts maybe getting bigger that were left behind. They were left there due to too much tissue and the fact that I could have a bleed is what the Dr. told me at the time. I have always had dence tissue and I am always called back. But I have to say I hate every part of it and it scares me every time.
Thank you in advance.
PJ