Breast pain 6 months after biopsy
Back in October 09 I had a mamogram. Then an ultrasound. They found a cluster of  5cysts. I had the choice of leaving them alone for 6 month or having a biopsy. I chose the biopsy. Turns out they were just cysts and they removed 3 of the 5 leaving a clip behind to mark the site. In the past few weeks I have been experiencing pain in the same breast with some burning. I am going to go see the Dartmouth Hospital again and have this checked out. I am a little worried but I tend to this sort of thing about everything concerning my health. I am 49 I have stopped having periods I am very health  with no breast cancer history in my family. Could this just be the 2 cysts maybe getting bigger that were left behind. They were left there due to too much tissue and the fact that I could have a bleed is what the Dr. told me at the time. I have always had dence tissue and I am always called back. But I have to say I hate every part of it and it scares me every time.
Thank you in advance.
PJ
Dear PJ:  The pain and discomfort could be a variety of things, cysts, scar tissue, etc.  Most breast cancer is not painful but it seems reasonable to have it checked out again.