Breast surgeons opinion
I am having a biopsy tomorrow of a focal asymmetry found in my left breast. It is a new finding which seems to be the reason they are looking into it further according to the radiologist and my breast surgeon who later looked at the films. It is not palpable (far back near the chest wall). It was seen on the spot compression but not in every mammogram picture...it depended on the angle. It was not seen in the ultrasound. My breast surgeon told me that he would be "stunned" if this turned out to be anything other than glandular tissue. I should mention i just had my third child abt 6 mths ago (did not breastfeed). Would you trust his opinion? I  obviously very nervous!  Thank you!
I have answered your previous post.Please click on the link below so you can read my comment.As far as trusting your Surgeon's opinion I feel you have no reason to second guess what he/she thinks about the outcome.When experienced radiologists or breast specialist give their opinion about the findings,they can be right most of the time, but of course only when the tissue biopsied has been examined by a pathologist,we can be 100% sure that it is accurate.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/Focal-asymmetry-seen-in-mammogram/show/1888918#post_8787150

P.S If you have any additional question,we would appreciate if you do not start a new thread.Please just add your comment in the space below the answer you have received, because it helps us to have all your information together so we can better help you.
Thank you.