Breast worry - am I overreacting?
I've been experiencing pain in my right breast for quite a few months now - I'm 23 and I put it down to the fact I had started to lift weights (only 2kg though) and running ect - and I though the pain would disappear but it hasn't and the area where the pain is now feels much thicker than my other breast - like sort of tough!! About 2 years ago I had what looked like eczema on the same breast, around the nipple  and the skin would crack and bleed, I was referred to breast check clinic but by the time the appointment came through the condition had cleared up and they said there was no cause for concern - it just worries me that it's the same breast giving me pain now!! I know I should go to the doctor but I don't want to look like an idiot for worrying about nothing and I've recently moved so I don't have a local doctor at the moment - I keep thinking maybe I'm just imagining it and there's nothing their and my breast doesn't feel different and then I ignore the problem for a while until it starts hurting me again - is their a chance it's just from exercise and the muscle in that breast is the thickening that I'm feeling and pain from pulling the muscles in it?
It certainly could be from exercise but not necessarily. I think you need to ck. with a Dr. and if you don't have one then it's time to find one. Breast pain is very rarely associated with Breast Cancer but is fairly common in many women. You can usually get help finding a Dr. by calling the local hospital for a list of Physicians who would be appropriate for your particular needs. I don't think you are imagining this and you never should feel "like an idiot" because you are alert to any changes; especially when it concerns a breast issue. Regards .....